In 2005, the Buncefield fuel depot feeding Heathrow airport was destroyed by a large vapour cloud explosion caused by overflowing of a large gasoline storage tank. Improvements to many terminals worldwide have since been made incorporating the learnings from Buncefield. To help Tank Farm operators assess and understand the risks associated with their operations, Safety Solutions offer the following tank safety assessment services:
- Overfill and spill prevention risk studies —an engineering assessment of the causes and protection in place to prevent a significant spill.
- Consequence modelling from fires and explosions (resultant from spills) to define the effects on surrounding neighbours.
- Occupied Buildings Assessment to API 752
- Tank Safety Assessment (HAZOP, LOPA etc) focused on high consequence scenario’s
- Functional safety requirements (design/ verification etc) to the IEC61511 standard.
- SCE performance standards and verification
Contact us to discuss any requirements you may have.
Other useful links