Process safety focuses on preventing fires, explosions and accidental chemical releases of hazardous substances through application of good management and design principles. Process safety incidents can have catastrophic effects and can result in multiple injuries or fatalities, as well as substantial economic, asset and environmental damage.
Under health and safety legislation,everyone working at a facility should understand:
- What is process safety and how does it impact my facility?
- How has my facility integrated process safety management into our activities?
- What are the consequences of ignoring process safety and good process safety management?
A straight forward solution to these questions is to upskill staff in process safety.
The Introduction to Process Safety e-learning course includes modules on the following topics:
- History and Importance of Process Safety
- Legal Requirements
- Process Safety Models and Concepts
- Process Safety Management
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Managing the Risks
- Commitment and Leadership
- Review and Improvement
These modules can be completed as and where students are ready, and the course has been configured to suit all learning styles, with a variety of visual, audible and kinetic activities integrated.
The Introduction to Process Safety course material is also available to be customized to your facilities processes and procedures.
Course Duration: The course takes between 6 – 8 hours to complete.
Cost: $350 per person
Discounts for multiple licenses purchased are available.