The final step in a safety assessment is to determine if the risks associated with the process safety scenario are “so far as is reasonable practicable”. A SFAIRP assessment provides a structured documented process to demonstrate this. The considerations include:
- Do we understand the risk, the controls and the scale of the event?
- Have we applied good practice and relevant codes and standards?
- Have learnings from previous incidents (internal/ external), been incorporated in?
- What additional controls could be consider – do they add value?
- Is the cost of additional controls grossly disproportionate to the benefit?
A SFAIRP review is conducted by a team of knowledgeable people familiar with the hazard and risk assessments AND the controls in place to manage these risks.
These reviews are conducted after the hazard identification and risk assessment steps in the safety assessment process.
Contact us for any of your SFAIRP needs.
Other Safety Solutions Services