Company leaders are responsible to ensure the performance of process safety at their facilities. Poor process safety management can lead to catastrophic events resulting in multiple injuries and fatalities. Because process safety events occur rarely (in comparison to occupational safety events), continuous commitment is required to ensure the management systems that prevent these events are working. This commitment starts at the top of an organisation.
Process safety management focuses on the design and engineering of facilities, hazard assessments, incident investigation, management of change, inspection, testing and maintenance of equipment, effective process controls and alarms, operating and maintenance procedures, training of personnel, and human factors.
This one day training course will provide company leaders with an overview of process safety principles and their application across the life cycle of a process plant. It combines delivery of content with the opportunity to exchange with leaders of other companies and industries in interactive workshops.
- Develop understanding of the principles of process safety management, of human factors and how safety culture affects performance
- Raise leader awareness of the process safety hazards of the business and of their role in managing these hazards
- Importance of Process Safety
- Process Safety Fundamentals
- Legal Framework
- Management Responsibility
- Process Safety Leadership
- Process Safety Framework & Management
- Key Performance Indicators
- SFAIRP: Are you doing enough?
- Operations & Human Factors
- Management of Change
Course duration: 1 day
Maximum number of attendees: 20
Enquire about this course as an in-house event at your site.